Wednesday, November 16, 2016

H- Harris, India's Sacred Cow (461-469)


The sacred cow of India is a big thing for the people that live in India. It is one of the most sacred animals that live amongst the people. A photographer visiting India captured pictures of bony people that were starving nearly to death while they saw cows around them eating fruits and vegetables being sold by people in the market place. This shows how much their religion means to them. They would rather starve to death than to kill a cow and feed themselves. The cows will rummage through the city, eating all of the fresh fruits and vegetables in the market place while the people living on the street have to starve because of lack of money to buy food or clothing. I think this says a lot about how much we as humans take for granted. We take being fed every day and having clothes to wear for granted while other people in different countries do not have clothes, let alone food to feed themselves or their hungry families. This chapter has made me realize how much I take for granted, the things that I have or use in my everyday life. It makes me realize how blessed I am to to have food to eat, clothes to wear, and a loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment